Dr. Osman Sacarcelik, M.A.
- Banking and Capital Markets Law (focus on debt capital markets, funds, structured finance)
- Regulatory Law (banks and securities regulation)
- Corporate Law
- Islamic Banking and Finance (Islamic Retail Banking, Sukuk, Funds, Takaful etc.)
- Turkey and MENA expertise
Dr. Osman Sacarcelik is a banking and finance lawyer in the Frankfurt office of Norton Rose Fulbright LLP. He is involved in transactional, advisory and regulatory work for German and foreign financial institutions, asset managers and other businesses mainly operating in the financial services sector. He advises inter alia on Islamic banking and finance matters and assists particularly Turkish and Arab clients in their business dealings and investments in Germany.
Previously, he has been clerking, inter alia, with the German Federal Banking Supervisory Authority (BaFin), the Finance team of Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP and the Group Legal Services of Merck Group. He also worked as research assistant at the Institute of Corporate and Capital Markets Law and the Cluster of Excellence "Religion and Politics" at the University of Münster in Germany. Prior to this, he worked in the Regulatory & Compliance team of PricewaterhouseCoopers in Geneva/Switzerland.
Osman holds both a degree in Law and Islamic studies. He is guest lecturer at the Center for Near and Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Marburg. Osman is a regular conference speaker and publishes in law journals and edited books. He received the research award 2013 by the foundation "Capital Markets Law for the Financial Center Germany" for his legal Ph.D. on Sukuk.
A German and Turkish native speaker, he is also fluent in English, French and Arabic.
University of Münster (Germany) - Ph.D. in law
University of Freiburg (Germany)
University of Warwick, Coventry (UK) - Certificate in English Law
University of Konstanz
Universit of Freiburg (Germany)
Université de Genève (Switzerland)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Association of Arab and Islamic Law (GAIR)
- German-Turkish Lawyers Association (DTJV)
- Founder and President of the European Law Students' Association (ELSA), University of Warwick, UK (2003-2004)